Find a Tech Definition
Browse By Topic
- Agile, Scrum, XP
- Internet applications
- Open source
- Operating systems
- Software applications
- Software development
- Web services, SOA
- specification by example (SBE) - Specification by example (SBE) is a user-driven contextual approach to defining software requirem...
- behavior-driven development (BDD) - Behavior-driven development (BDD) is a software development methodology in which an application i...
- RESTful API - A RESTful application programming interface (API) is a method of allowing communication between a...
- Computing fundamentals
- IT standards and organizations
- six degrees of separation - Six degrees of separation is the theory that anyone on the planet can be connected to any other p...
- search operator - A search operator (sometimes referred to as a search parameter) is a character or string of chara...
- media center PC - A media center PC is a dedicated computer connected to the user's digital TV. The computer compon...
- Desktop PCs
- Internet acronyms and lingo
- Internet technologies
- Multimedia and graphics
- Personal computing
- Wireless and mobile
- first follower theory - First follower theory is the concept that attracting an adherent to some kind of view or initiati...
- API management - API management is the process of publishing, promoting and overseeing application programming int...
- predictive text - Predictive text is an input technology that facilitates typing on a mobile device by suggesting w...
- VMware IT Business Management Suite (ITBM) - VMware IT Business Management Suite (ITBM) is a cost analysis and benchmarking product designed t...
- API economy (application programming interface economy) - The term API economy (application programming interface economy) is a catchphrase coined to descr...
- AWS CloudFormation (Amazon Web Services CloudFormation) - Amazon Web Services CloudFormation is a free service that provides developers with a simple way t...
- Business software
- Business terms
- Call centers
- Government IT
- Healthcare IT
- Network administration
- Project management
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Security management
- Software management
- Storage management
- employee monitoring - Employee monitoring is the use of various methods of workplace surveillance to gather information...
- RADOS Block Device (RBD) - A RADOS Block Device (RBD) is software that facilitates the storage of block-based data in the op...
- OPSEC (operational security) - OPSEC (operational security) is an analytical process that identifies assets such as sensitive co...
- How to write a business case document - A business case document is a formal, written argument intended to convince a decision maker to a...
- solid state storage technologies comparison - Solid-state storage (SSS) is an increasingly popular backup alternative to traditional storage te...
- Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA) - The Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA) is a free online school with courses that cover Microsoft-rel...
- Circuit switched services equipment and providers
- Data transmission
- Email and messaging
- High-speed networks
- Internet of Things
- Local area networks (LANs)
- Network hardware
- Network software
- Networking and communications
- Routing and switching
- Smart grid
- Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Wireless LANs
- Wireless technologies
- remote sensing - Remote sensing is the use of various technologies to make observations and measurements from a ta...
- QuickType - QuickType is a predictive text feature released with Apple's iOS 8 that uses machine learning to ...
- leaf-spine - A leaf-spine design is a network topology with a series of switches that form the access layer.
- Application security
- Network security
- Security threats and countermeasures
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) - A Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is a specialized chip on an endpoint device that stores RSA encry...
- Web application firewall (WAF) - A Web application firewall (WAF) is a firewall that monitors, filters or blocks the HTTP traffic ...
- virtual honeypot - A virtual honeypot is software that emulates a vulnerable system or network to attract intruders ...
- Backup and recovery
- Business intelligence - business analytics
- Content management
- Customer data management
- Data and data management
- Data deduplication
- Network-attached storage (NAS)
- Storage-area network (SAN)
- records retention schedule - A records retention schedule is a policy that depicts how long data items must be kept, as well a...
- field-level encryption - Field-level encryption is the ability to encrypt data based on entire fields.
- data journalism - Data journalism in an approach to writing for the public in which the journalist analyzes large d...
First follower theory is the concept that attracting an adherent to some kind of view or initiative is the first step toward beginning a movement, no matter how unusual or out-of-step with the surrounding culture it may seem to the general population. More
Quote of the Day
"As Derek Sivers said,‘new followers emulate the follower, not the leader.’ This is the oft-cited adage of content marketing -- people buy from people." -- David Bawden
SMAC technologies are currently driving business innovation. What does SMAC stand for?
a. social, mobile, analytics and cloud
b. search engines, metadata, adaptive web design and clickthrough
A Google dork is an employee who unknowingly exposes sensitive corporate information on the Internet. Looking for that sensitive information is called Google dorking.
Beginning Aug. 29, 2014, and running throughout the fall, SearchSecurity will debut all-new lessons in its CISSP Essentials Security School featuring Shon Harris of Logical Security.
Spotlight article: Learn about the (ISC)2 CISSP security exam, the 10 CISSP domains and the exclusive CISSP prep materials offered by Shon Harris and SearchSecurity.
Essential Knowledge on IT management
There are so many tools today that make launching analytic applications simple, but this doesn't mean you can skip data governance.
MicroScope Big Data Quiz
What does the emergence of big data mean for the channel? Take this 1 minute quiz and answer five questions to let us know your opinion.
Learn how to deploy flash technology to deliver the right data, at the right time, at the right cost to fit your needs.Visit now