ADPCM (adaptive differential pulse-code modulation) is a technique for converting sound or analog information to binary information (a string of 0's and 1's) by taking frequent samples of the sound and expressing the value of the sampled sound modulation in binary terms. ADPCM is used to send sound on fiber-optic long-distance lines as well as to store sound along with text, images, and code on a CD-ROM.
Word of the Day
ROBO backup is the process of copying and archiving data created by remote and branch offices (ROBOs) and storing it securely.
Get the Word of the Day via email
20 Newest Terms
- ROBO backup (remote data backup)
- hands-off infrastructure management
- Alphabet, Inc.
- Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (Hitachi UCP)
- 2-in-1 tablet (hybrid tablet, convertible tablet)
- Microsoft HoloLens
- AWS Device Farm
- outcome economy
- holographic processing unit (HPU)
- LTO-8 (Linear Tape-Open 8)
- LTO-2 (Linear Tape-Open 2)
- user behavior analytics (UBA)
- BIRT (Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools)
- logical volume management (LVM)
- reverse mentoring
- unstructured text
- MEAN (MongoDB, Ember, Angular, Node)