CAE (computer-aided engineering) is a broad term used by the electronic design automation (EDA) industry for the use of computers to design, analyze, and manufacture products and processes. CAE includes CAD (computer-aided design) - the use of a computer for drafting and modeling designs, and CAM (computer-aided manufacturing) - the use of computers for managing manufacturing processes.
Word of the Day
Whaling is a type of fraud that targets high-profile end users such as C-level corporate executives, politicians and celebrities.
Get the Word of the Day via email
20 Newest Terms
- hands-off infrastructure management
- Alphabet, Inc.
- Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (Hitachi UCP)
- 2-in-1 tablet (hybrid tablet, convertible tablet)
- Microsoft HoloLens
- AWS Device Farm
- outcome economy
- holographic processing unit (HPU)
- LTO-8 (Linear Tape-Open 8)
- LTO-2 (Linear Tape-Open 2)
- user behavior analytics (UBA)
- BIRT (Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools)
- logical volume management (LVM)
- reverse mentoring
- unstructured text
- MEAN (MongoDB, Ember, Angular, Node)
- file synchronization (file sync)