EDP (electronic data processing), an infrequently used term for what is today usually called "IS" (information services or systems) or "MIS" (management information services or systems), is the processing of data by a computer and its programs in an environment involving electronic communication. EDP evolved from "DP" (data processing), a term that was created when most computing input was physically put into the computer in punched card form and output as punched cards or paper reports.
Word of the Day
Port mirroring is an approach to monitoring network traffic that involves forwarding a copy of each packet from one network switch port to another.
Get the Word of the Day via email
20 Newest Terms
- corporate performance
- Peter principle
- system-on-a-chip (SoC)
- wearables security
- spatial sensing
- 360-degree VR (360-degree virtual reality)
- wearables OS (wearables operating system)
- cross-site scripting (XSS)
- ROBO backup (remote data backup)
- swivel chair interface
- hands-off infrastructure management
- Alphabet, Inc.
- Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (Hitachi UCP)
- 2-in-1 tablet (hybrid tablet, convertible tablet)
- Microsoft HoloLens
- AWS Device Farm
- outcome economy