FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) is the term for any strategy intended to make a company's customers insecure about future product plans with the purpose of discouraging them from adopting competitors' products. For example, "You can try using X instead of our product, but you may lose all your data."
Word of the Day
Port mirroring is an approach to monitoring network traffic that involves forwarding a copy of each packet from one network switch port to another.
Get the Word of the Day via email
20 Newest Terms
- system-on-a-chip (SoC)
- wearables security
- spatial sensing
- 360-degree VR (360-degree virtual reality)
- wearables OS (wearables operating system)
- cross-site scripting (XSS)
- ROBO backup (remote data backup)
- swivel chair interface
- hands-off infrastructure management
- Alphabet, Inc.
- Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (Hitachi UCP)
- 2-in-1 tablet (hybrid tablet, convertible tablet)
- Microsoft HoloLens
- AWS Device Farm
- outcome economy
- holographic processing unit (HPU)