GoodData is a software company specializing in cloud-based business intelligence (BI) and big data analytics. The company’s main offering is its Platform as a Service (PaaS) product, Open Analytics Platform. The platform is used to provide insight into internal corporate data and also to build analytics capabilities into business software for customer-oriented applications.
Features of Open Analytics Platform:
- End-to-end BI capabilities.
- Specifically designed for the cloud.
- Can connect to any data source.
- Enables embedded analytics and predictive analytics tools and capabilities for business software.
- Reporting software such as GoodSocial, GoodSales and GoodMarketing.
- Facilitates data sharing and input from interactions throughout the user community.
The company was founded in 2007 by Roman Stanek, a Czech entrepreneur. Corporate headquarters are in San Francisco, California; the company also maintains offices in Prague and Brno in the Czech Republic, as well as Portland, Oregon and Boston, Massachusetts in the United States. According to the corporate website, 42 percent of companies listed in the Fortune 500 rankings use GoodData.
See a quick overview of GoodData and an introduction to Open Analytics Platform: