I2S (Inter-IC Sound) is a serial bus (path) design for digital audio devices and technologies such as compact disc (CD) players, digital sound processors, and digital TV (DTV) sound. The I2S design handles audio data separately from clock signals. By separating the data and clock signals, time-related errors that cause jitter do not occur, thereby eliminating the need for anti-jitter devices. An I2S bus design consists of three serial bus lines: a line with two time-division multiplexing (TDM) data channels, a word select line, and a clock line.
Word of the Day
Port mirroring is an approach to monitoring network traffic that involves forwarding a copy of each packet from one network switch port to another.
Get the Word of the Day via email
20 Newest Terms
- system-on-a-chip (SoC)
- wearables security
- spatial sensing
- 360-degree VR (360-degree virtual reality)
- wearables OS (wearables operating system)
- cross-site scripting (XSS)
- ROBO backup (remote data backup)
- swivel chair interface
- hands-off infrastructure management
- Alphabet, Inc.
- Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (Hitachi UCP)
- 2-in-1 tablet (hybrid tablet, convertible tablet)
- Microsoft HoloLens
- AWS Device Farm
- outcome economy
- holographic processing unit (HPU)