Microsoft Office Project, also referred to as Microsoft Project, offers tools for more efficient project management. Microsoft Project can be used in a variety of industries including construction, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, government, retail, financial services and health care.
The main modules of Microsoft Project include project work and project teams, schedules and finances. Microsoft Project allows its users to set realistic goals for project teams and customers by creating schedules, distributing resources and managing budgets. Users gain control over their project work with the Project Guide that helps them create projects, track tasks, and report results. Additionally, contractors gain control over their resources and finances by easily assigning resources to tasks and budgets to projects. Finally, Microsoft Project comes with customizable wizard that walks users through the process of project creation, from assigning their tasks and resources to reporting the final results.
Microsoft Project management software is closely integrated with Microsoft Office suite and also includes a Client Access License (CAL) that allows easy connection with Office Project Server 2007.
Microsoft Project's software packages include the following:
• Office Project Standard 2007
• Office Project Professional 2007, which consists of all the same capabilities as Office Project Standard 2007 with the addition of its project management capabilities that it provides when used with Microsoft Project Server 2007
• Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 which works with Microsoft Project Professional 2007 and Microsoft Office Project Web Access to help organizations manage their work
• Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server 2007 which is closely integrated with Microsoft Office Project Server 2007
• Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Web Access.