What is NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Services Companies)?
The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) is a not-for-profit Indian consortium created to promote the development of the country's IT (information technology) and business process outsourcing (BPO) industries.
NASSCOM initiatives include:
- the Domestic Market Initiative, created to integrate the IT and non-IT sectors and to plan for continued IT industry growth.
- the Innovation Initiative, created to foster and an environment that meets the specific needs of Indian businesses of all sizes.
- the Education Initiative, created to provide additional training and skill enhancement to improve graduate employability. This initiative also interfaces between industry, academia and government.
- the Women in Leadership-IT Initiative, created to increase the number of women entering the IT-BPO industry and enhance the career prospects for those women in the industry.
- the Security Initiative, created to promote information security and compliance through public education and creation of a security-aware environment.
NASSCOM was established in 1988 and is headquartered in New Delhi. The organization has over 1200 members, more than 250 of which are global corporations from other countries including the European Union, the United Kingdom, the United States, Japan and China.
Learn More About IT:
> Wikipedia's entry for NASSCOM provides more details.