- Flash-based storage, based on flash memory, is used for data repositories, storage systems and consumer devices, such as USB drives, smartphones and solid-state drives. (SearchStorage.com)
- A data storage device for backup makes copies of data actively in use. Should the storage medium fail, the original data is recovered from copies on the backup hardware. (SearchDataBackup.com)
- Preventive maintenance is the practice of routinely taking measures in hardware administration that reduces the risk of failures and improves the likelihood of quick recovery in the event that a fa... (searchITOperations.com)
- Terms related to storage hardware, including definitions about solid state drives and words and phrases about hard disk drives, tape drives, disk arrays and tiered storage.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...