- 3D NAND is a type of flash memory in which memory cells are stacked vertically in layers, in comparison to planar NAND, which uses a single layer of memory cells. (SearchSolidStateStorage.com)
- Hard disk drives are a type of physical storage media that use spinning disk platters to store nonsequential data in personal computers and enterprise data centers. (SearchStorage.com)
- Learn what a solid-state drive (SSD) is, why SSDs are replacing electromechanical hard drives and which form factors are approved by the Solid State Storage Initiative (SSSI). (SearchStorage.com)
- Terms related to storage hardware, including definitions about solid state drives and words and phrases about hard disk drives, tape drives, disk arrays and tiered storage.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...