- The SATA storage protocol transmits data in serial fashion between hard drives and computer systems. The nonprofit SATA-IO industry consortium authors the design specification. (SearchStorage.com)
- 3D NAND is a type of flash memory in which memory cells are stacked vertically in layers, in comparison to planar NAND, which uses a single layer of memory cells. (SearchSolidStateStorage.com)
- Hard disk drives are a type of physical storage media that use spinning disk platters to store nonsequential data in personal computers and enterprise data centers. (SearchStorage.com)
- Terms related to storage hardware, including definitions about solid state drives and words and phrases about hard disk drives, tape drives, disk arrays and tiered storage.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...