A PCI forensic investigator program is a certification process for companies wishing to become eligible to perform investigations into data breaches on payment card industry (PCI) networks.
PCI forensic investigator programs provide rules for eligibility, selection of eligible candidates, performance standards and compliance verification. Some of the requirements for eligible PCI forensic investigators include:
- Being a recognized security assessor company.
- Having a dedicated forensic investigatory department.
- Having a qualified investigatory staff.
- Investigatory experience using proven methodologies and tools.
- A relationship with law enforcement officials.
Prospective PCI forensic investigators must also pay processing and approval fees.
Companies that perform PCI forensic investigation include Dell Secureworks, AT&T Consulting Solutions, Internet Security Systems, SecureState LLC and Verizon/CyberTrust.