According to The Green Grid website, the organization provides a forum for IT directors, facilities managers and C-level executives to come together and discuss different options for improving resource efficiency. Findings and recommendations from these forums are published on a regular basis. Metrics created and endorsed by The Green Grid include:
- Electronic Disposal Efficiency (EDE) - the percentage of decommissioned information technology electronics and electrical equipment that is disposed of through known responsible entities.
- Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) - the ratio of total facilities energy to IT equipment energy.
- Data Center Infrastructure Efficiency (DCIE) - the ratio of IT equipment power to total facility power.
- Carbon Usage Effectiveness (CUE) - the product of the amount of carbon dioxide emitted per kilowatt hour (CEF) and the data center's annual PUE.
- Water Usage Effectiveness (WUE) - the ratio of the annual site water usage in liters to the IT equipment energy usage in kilowatt hours (Kwh).
- Data Center Productivity (DCP) - the quantity of useful information processing completed relative to the amount of some resource consumed in producing the work.