A URL shortener is a Web site that will create a short Uniform Resource Locator (URL) or Web page address from a long one so that the short version, which is easier to remember and enter, can be used instead. For example, if you need to frequently enter a URL into e-mail messages or read it over the phone, a long URL is prone to mistyping or misunderstanding. By going to a free Web site service like TinyURL.com or notlong.com, you can swap your long URL for a short one. The URL shortening service will maintain the association between the two and will redirect anyone who enters the short URL to the page at the long URL.
Word of the Day
Port mirroring is an approach to monitoring network traffic that involves forwarding a copy of each packet from one network switch port to another.
Get the Word of the Day via email
20 Newest Terms
- corporate performance
- Peter principle
- system-on-a-chip (SoC)
- wearables security
- spatial sensing
- 360-degree VR (360-degree virtual reality)
- wearables OS (wearables operating system)
- cross-site scripting (XSS)
- ROBO backup (remote data backup)
- swivel chair interface
- hands-off infrastructure management
- Alphabet, Inc.
- Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (Hitachi UCP)
- 2-in-1 tablet (hybrid tablet, convertible tablet)
- Microsoft HoloLens
- AWS Device Farm
- outcome economy