An adapter is a physical device that allows one hardware or electronic interface to be adapted (accommodated without loss of function) to another hardware or electronic interface. In a computer, an adapter is often built into a card that can be inserted into a slot on the computer's motherboard. The card adapts information that is exchanged between the computer's microprocessor and the devices that the card supports.
- An array is a storage system designed to provide large pools of capacity to servers that perform high-performance computations. Arrays contain spinning disk drives or flash memory. (SearchStorage.com)
- Raspberry Pi is a small, single-board computer that costs $35. It is is essentially a wireless system-on-a-chip (SoC) with 1 GB RAM, connection ports, a Micro SD card slot, camera and display inter... (WhatIs.com)
- A computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) is software that helps operations and maintenance staff identify and track the status of maintenance tasks and availability of replacement parts. (SearchDataCenter.com)
- Terms related to computer hardware, including definitions about cables, connectors and power supply units and words and phrases about computing peripheral devices including the keyboard, mouse, au...
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...
Ask a Question. Find an Answer.Powered by ITKnowledgeExchange.com
Ask An IT Question
Get answers from your peers on your most technical challenges
Settings under Network Adapter Properties/Resources specifically give me what in usable "laymens" information and terms?
This is not telling you anything useful.Specifically, it is telling you the hardware memory addresses allocated to the device, and the IRQ. There is nothing really practical you can do with th...
Adapter for mini USB ports
i found my own answer. tablet must have a micro not mini slot and it must be support OTG plug and play. cord to change from micro to regular USB is sold by amazon. i am a computer repair tech. we d...
- Should I get a wireless adapter or a second router?