- A hypervisor is a function which abstracts -- isolates -- operating systems and applications from the underlying computer hardware. (SearchServerVirtualization.com)
- Cold backups are ideal for disaster recovery because they protect important data. But the process requires downtime, so it should be conducted during quiet periods. (SearchDataBackup.com)
- Systems management is the administration of the information technology systems in an enterprise data center. An effective systems management plan facilitates the delivery of IT as a service (ITaaS)... (searchITOperations.com)
- Terms related to operating systems, including definitions about open source and proprietary operating systems and words and phrases about system programs, boot mechanisms, kernels, command interpre...
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...