As a measure of computer speed, a gigaflop is a billion floating-point operations per second (FLOPS).
- A business impact analysis (BIA) identifies and examines the effects of natural or human-caused disasters on critical business functions. (SearchStorage.com)
- Compression reduces the size of data to save storage space or speed transmission. Learn how files are compressed and read about compression examples. (SearchStorage.com)
- An information system (IS) is the collection of technical and human resources that provide the storage, computing, distribution, and communication for the information required by all or some part o... (WhatIs.com)
- Terms related to computer fundamentals, including computer hardware definitions and words and phrases about software, operating systems, peripherals and troubleshooting.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...
Ask a Question. Find an Answer.Powered by ITKnowledgeExchange.com
Ask An IT Question
Get answers from your peers on your most technical challenges
Linux clustering versus supercomputing
Wonder, why you are asking about Oracle RAC along with Linux Networx and Cray's supercomputers? Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) is solution for high availability and salability for database c...