As a measure of computer speed, a gigaflop is a billion floating-point operations per second (FLOPS).
- A gravity wave (or gravitational wave) is a ripple in the curvature of the space-time continuum (the enmeshed combination of our three perceived physical dimensions, plus time) created by the movem... (WhatIs.com)
- Gravity, also called gravitation, is a force that exists among all material objects in the universe, attracting objects with non-zero mass toward each other. (WhatIs.com)
- Lead generation is the use of a computer program, a database, the Internet, or a specialized service to obtain or receive information for the purpose of expanding the scope of a business, increasin... (WhatIs.com)
- Terms related to computer fundamentals, including computer hardware definitions and words and phrases about software, operating systems, peripherals and troubleshooting.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...
Ask a Question. Find an Answer.Powered by ITKnowledgeExchange.com
Ask An IT Question
Get answers from your peers on your most technical challenges
Linux clustering versus supercomputing
Wonder, why you are asking about Oracle RAC along with Linux Networx and Cray's supercomputers? Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) is solution for high availability and salability for database c...