As a measure of computer speed, a gigaflop is a billion floating-point operations per second (FLOPS).
- Virtual reality is an artificial environment that is created with software and presented to the user in such a way that the user suspends belief and accepts it as a real environment. (WhatIs.com)
- Implementation is the execution of any idea, model, or method; in IT, it refers to the process of setting up new software or hardware after a purchase is made. (SearchCRM.com)
- A terabyte (TB) is a measurement of computer storage capacity that is equal to 1,024 gigabytes (GB). The value is sometimes rounded to 1,000 GB. (SearchStorage.com)
- Terms related to computer fundamentals, including computer hardware definitions and words and phrases about software, operating systems, peripherals and troubleshooting.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...
Ask a Question. Find an Answer.Powered by ITKnowledgeExchange.com
Ask An IT Question
Get answers from your peers on your most technical challenges
Linux clustering versus supercomputing
Wonder, why you are asking about Oracle RAC along with Linux Networx and Cray's supercomputers? Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) is solution for high availability and salability for database c...