As a measure of computer speed, a gigaflop is a billion floating-point operations per second (FLOPS).
- In artificial intelligence (AI), the Turing Test is a method for determining whether or not a computer is capable of thinking like a human. (WhatIs.com)
- Telepresence is a sophisticated form of robotic remote control in which a human operator has a sense of being in a remote location so that the experience resembles virtual reality (VR). (WhatIs.com)
- A gravity wave (or gravitational wave) is a ripple in the curvature of the space-time continuum (the enmeshed combination of our three perceived physical dimensions, plus time) created by the movem... (WhatIs.com)
- Terms related to computer fundamentals, including computer hardware definitions and words and phrases about software, operating systems, peripherals and troubleshooting.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...
Ask a Question. Find an Answer.Powered by ITKnowledgeExchange.com
Ask An IT Question
Get answers from your peers on your most technical challenges
Linux clustering versus supercomputing
Wonder, why you are asking about Oracle RAC along with Linux Networx and Cray's supercomputers? Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) is solution for high availability and salability for database c...