As a measure of computer speed, a gigaflop is a billion floating-point operations per second (FLOPS).
- A codebase (sometimes spelled as two words, code base) is the complete body of source code for a given software program or application. (WhatIs.com)
- A hard error is an issue in RAM that results from a permanent physical flaw in the module caused by a hardware failure or defect. (WhatIs.com)
- A soft error is an issue that causes a temporary condition in RAM that alters stored data in an unintended way. Errors that change data stored in RAM are either soft errors or hard errors, which re... (WhatIs.com)
- Terms related to computer fundamentals, including computer hardware definitions and words and phrases about software, operating systems, peripherals and troubleshooting.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...
Ask a Question. Find an Answer.Powered by ITKnowledgeExchange.com
Ask An IT Question
Get answers from your peers on your most technical challenges
Linux clustering versus supercomputing
Wonder, why you are asking about Oracle RAC along with Linux Networx and Cray's supercomputers? Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) is solution for high availability and salability for database c...