As a measure of computer speed, a gigaflop is a billion floating-point operations per second (FLOPS).
- DOS (Disk Operating System) can refer to a computer operating system that is loaded from a disk drive or to an operating system based on Microsoft Disk Operating System (MS-DOS). (SearchSecurity.com)
- The first commercially successful supercomputer, the CDC (Control Data Corporation) 6600 was designed by Seymour Cray. Released in 1964, the CDC 6600 had a single CPU and cost $8 million — the equi... (WhatIs.com)
- A URL shortener is a service that translates long URLs into abbreviated alternatives. (WhatIs.com)
- Terms related to computer fundamentals, including computer hardware definitions and words and phrases about software, operating systems, peripherals and troubleshooting.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...
Ask a Question. Find an Answer.Powered by ITKnowledgeExchange.com
Ask An IT Question
Get answers from your peers on your most technical challenges
Linux clustering versus supercomputing
Wonder, why you are asking about Oracle RAC along with Linux Networx and Cray's supercomputers? Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) is solution for high availability and salability for database c...