As a measure of computer speed, a gigaflop is a billion floating-point operations per second (FLOPS).
- Definition: Learn what cache is and how it’s used to shorten data access times, reduce latency and improve input/output (I/O). (SearchStorage.com)
- A VAR (value-added reseller) is a company that resells software, hardware and/or networking products and provides value beyond order fulfillment. VARs may offer a range of professional services as ... (SearchITChannel.com)
- OEM is a term that refers to a web of relationships that typically involve a channel partner purchasing hardware or software from a vendor for inclusion in its own products. (SearchITChannel.com)
- Terms related to computer fundamentals, including computer hardware definitions and words and phrases about software, operating systems, peripherals and troubleshooting.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...
Ask a Question. Find an Answer.Powered by ITKnowledgeExchange.com
Ask An IT Question
Get answers from your peers on your most technical challenges
Linux clustering versus supercomputing
Wonder, why you are asking about Oracle RAC along with Linux Networx and Cray's supercomputers? Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) is solution for high availability and salability for database c...