- An information system (IS) is the collection of technical and human resources that provide the storage, computing, distribution, and communication for the information required by all or some part o... (WhatIs.com)
- Computing is said to be "distributed" when the computer programming and data that computers work on are spread out over more than one computer, usually over a network.Cloud computing is a particula... (WhatIs.com)
- A greedy algorithm is a mathematical process that looks for simple, easy-to-implement solutions to complex, multi-step problems by deciding which next step will provide the most obvious benefit. (WhatIs.com)
- Terms related to computer fundamentals, including computer hardware definitions and words and phrases about software, operating systems, peripherals and troubleshooting.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...
Ask a Question. Find an Answer.Powered by ITKnowledgeExchange.com
Ask An IT Question
Get answers from your peers on your most technical challenges
Installing apache with yum or kloxo fails
this is the solution (I applied this and worked for me) "vi /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/fastestmirror.conf" and set "enable=0"