Millennials, an abbreviation for millennial generation, is a term used by demographers to describe a segment of the population born between 1980 and 2000 (approximately). Sometimes referred to in the media as "Generation Y," millennials are the children of the post-WWII baby boomer generation.
Millennials 101: Test yourself with our generational diversity quiz
As the Millennial generation enters the workfor...(SearchCIO-Midmarket.com)
Retaining Millennial employees: What you need to know
Are you committed to retaining your Millennial ...(SearchCIO-Midmarket.com)
A few things about millennials:
- According the U.S. census bureau, around forty percent of the millennial generation is African American, Latino, Asian or of a racially-mixed background.
- There are about 76 million millennials in the United States (based on research using the years 1978-2000).
- Millennials are the last generation born in the 20th century.
- Twenty percent have at least one immigrant parent.
- A number of studies, including one by the Center for American Progress, anticipate that millennials will be the first American generation to do less well economically than their parents.
- Millennials are also sometimes called the Net generation because (at least according to some people) they don't remember a time when there was no Internet.
- As a result of growing up with the Internet and associated devices, millennials are often said to be the most technologically savvy generation to date.
Managing Millennials: Eleven Tips for Managing MillennialsRobert Lanham, a member of Generation X, shares his thoughts about millennials in this satirical rant.