- An algorithm (pronounced AL-go-rith-um) is a procedure or formula for solving a problem. Algorithms are used throughout almost all areas of information technology. (WhatIs.com)
- A server is a computer program that provides services to other computer programs (and their users) in the same or other computers. A dedicated computer may also be referred to as a server. (WhatIs.com)
- Physical security is the protection of people and systems from damage or loss due to physical events such as fire, flood, disasters, crimes or accidents. (SearchSecurity.com)
- Terms related to computer fundamentals, including computer hardware definitions and words and phrases about software, operating systems, peripherals and troubleshooting.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...