In computers, a monitor is a computer display and related parts packaged in a physical unit that is separate from other parts of the computer. Notebook computers don't have monitors because all the display and related parts are integrated into the same physical unit with the rest of the computer. In practice, the terms monitor and display are used interchangably.
- The SATA storage protocol transmits data in serial fashion between hard drives and computer systems. The nonprofit SATA-IO industry consortium authors the design specification. (SearchStorage.com)
- Tiered data storage moves data to various types of storage media -- based on performance requirements, protection level and frequency of use -- to reduce storage costs. (SearchStorage.com)
- A data glove is an interactive device, resembling a glove worn on the hand, which facilitates tactile sensing and fine-motion control in robotics and virtual reality. (WhatIs.com)
- Terms related to peripheral devices including definitions about keyboards or mice and words and phrases about printers, monitors, digital cameras and scanners.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...
People Who Read This Also Read...
Ask a Question. Find an Answer.Powered by ITKnowledgeExchange.com
Ask An IT Question
Get answers from your peers on your most technical challenges
Can a company's computer system monitor you?
Yes, they can (provided the appropriate tools and configurations are in place), and they most likely have the right to do it as well.Added by JaideepIt is quite possible and to an extent of in-time...
Who does data governance and management usually report to at the executive level?
There is no standard reporting structure. Whatever your company has decided should be correct for them. There are many reasons for the flexibility of reporting structure.Added by JaideepIn my ...
VBA: Call FM SAPWL_STATREC_READ_REMOTE failed
further info in dev_rfc:**** ERROR file opened at 20160818 154055 Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit, SAP-REL 730,0,518 RFC-VER 3 1456876 MT-SLT:10036 Error in program 'EXCEL': <* RfcReceive  : ret...