In general, a queue is a line of people or things waiting to be handled, usually in sequential order starting at the beginning or top of the line or sequence. In computer technology, a queue is a sequence of work objects that are waiting to be processed. The possible factors, arrangements, and processes related to queues is known as queueing theory.
Word of the Day
Port mirroring is an approach to monitoring network traffic that involves forwarding a copy of each packet from one network switch port to another.
Get the Word of the Day via email
20 Newest Terms
- system-on-a-chip (SoC)
- wearables security
- spatial sensing
- 360-degree VR (360-degree virtual reality)
- wearables OS (wearables operating system)
- cross-site scripting (XSS)
- ROBO backup (remote data backup)
- swivel chair interface
- hands-off infrastructure management
- Alphabet, Inc.
- Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (Hitachi UCP)
- 2-in-1 tablet (hybrid tablet, convertible tablet)
- Microsoft HoloLens
- AWS Device Farm
- outcome economy
- holographic processing unit (HPU)