Safe mode is an alternate boot method for Windows operating systems that makes it easier to diagnose problems. The only startup programs loaded are the operating system and drivers for the mouse, keyboard, and display modes display. It is often possible to get a system to start in safe mode when it won't start normally. To start in safe mode, press the F8 key while the system is booting and select "safe mode" (or the safe mode option you want) from the menu that appears.
Word of the Day
Port mirroring is an approach to monitoring network traffic that involves forwarding a copy of each packet from one network switch port to another.
Get the Word of the Day via email
20 Newest Terms
- system-on-a-chip (SoC)
- wearables security
- spatial sensing
- 360-degree VR (360-degree virtual reality)
- wearables OS (wearables operating system)
- cross-site scripting (XSS)
- ROBO backup (remote data backup)
- swivel chair interface
- hands-off infrastructure management
- Alphabet, Inc.
- Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (Hitachi UCP)
- 2-in-1 tablet (hybrid tablet, convertible tablet)
- Microsoft HoloLens
- AWS Device Farm
- outcome economy
- holographic processing unit (HPU)