- Browse Definitions by Alphabet: WIN - WIM
Word of the Day
An evil twin, in security, is a rogue wireless access point that masquerades as a legitimate hot spot.
Get the Word of the Day via email
20 Newest Terms
- aluminum battery
- SAS 70 (Statement on Auditing Standards No. 70)
- evil twin
- PDCA (plan-do-check-act)
- ITSM (IT Service Management)
- uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
- local area network (LAN)
- general ledger (GL)
- human capital management (HCM)
- Space Communications Protocol Specifications (SCPS)
- byte caching
- ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocol)
- Quick Start Glossary: WAN acceleration
- fog computing (fogging)
- Microsoft Intune
- go-to-market strategy (GTM strategy)
- service-level agreement (SLA)
- distributor agreement (distribution agreement)
- VAR (value-added reseller)
Meet the Editors
Margaret Rouse Editorial Director and Author
Tell us about a new term to add to the site. Have some feedback? See a definition that needs updating? Let us know!
For your convenience, we archive the Word of the Day and the Quote of the Day in the WhatIs.com blog, Overheard in the Tech Blogosphere.
iPhone 5 Review
The iPhone 5 is here and Brighthand has covered every angle of Apple's latest smartphone:
- We have our Full iPhone 5 Review.
- A Comparison of the Samsung Galaxy S3 vs the Apple iPhone 5.
- As well as a video review of iOS 6, which discusses some of the new features of Apple's latest mobile operating system.
Check Brighthand for all of the latest iPhone 5 and smartphone news.