1) This is an encryption/decryption key known only to the party or parties that exchange secret messages.
c) private key
2) This was commonly used in cryptography during World War II.
d) one-time pad
3) Today, many Internet businesses and users take advantage of cryptography based on this approach.
a) public key infrastructure
4) This is the name for the issuer of a PKI certificate.
b) certificate authority
5) Developed by Philip R. Zimmermann, this is the most widely used privacy-ensuring program by individuals and is also used by many corporations.
d) Pretty Good Privacy
6) This is the encryption algorithm that will begin to supplant the Data Encryption Standard (DES) - and later Triple DES - over the next few years as the new standard encryption algorithm.
7) This is the inclusion of a secret message in otherwise unencrypted text or images.
8) In password protection, this is a random string of data used to modify a password hash.
10) This is a trial and error method used to decode encrypted data through exhaustive effort rather than employing intellectual strategies.
d) brute force cracking
Encryption key management: The stumbling block to securing data