Your goal is to match the correct term in the left-hand column with its description in the right-hand column.
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think is correct to go to the whatis.com definition. If the answer you've chosen is correct, you will see the question text somewhere in the defintion.
- After reading the question, write down the letter of your answer choice on scrap paper. Check your answers by using the answer key at the end of the quiz.
f) cache server
g) access control list
i) Internet Protocol
j) bandpass filter
l) security policy
m) proxy server
n) Metcalfe's Law
q) personal firewall
r) bastion host
t) Web Proxy Autodiscovery
u) rule base
v) dynamic packet filter
w) general protection fault
z) Content Protection for Removable Media
|1._____ A server that acts as this kind of node often also acts as a proxy server and a firewall server.
2. _____This is a computer host or small networkthat functions as a neutral zone between a company's private network andthe outside public network
3._____ This is a private data network that makes useof the public telecommunication infrastructure, maintaining privacy throughthe use of a tunneling protocol and security procedures.
4._____ A simple firewall might screen requests to make sure they come from acceptable (previously identified) domain name and ______ _____ addresses.
5. _____This is a set of rules that governs whatis and what is not allowed through the firewall.
6. _____ This is a protocol that a proxy server can use to accept requests from client users in a company's network sothat it can forward them across the Internet.
7._____ This is a firewall facility that can monitor thestate of active connections and use this information to determine whichnetwork packets to allow through the firewall.
8._____ This the only host computer that a company allowsto be addressed directly from the public network -- it is designed to screenthe rest of its network from security exposure.
9._____ This is a server that acts as an intermediarybetween a workstation user and the Internet so that the enterprise canensure security, administrative control, and caching service.
10._____ This is a software application used to protecta single Internet-connected computer from intruders.
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER KEY
See the rest of our quiz topics
ANSWER KEY: 1y;2p;3o;4i;5u;6b;7v;8r;9m;10q
Let us know how you did and suggest a topic for a future quiz! email@example.com