How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think is correct to go to the whatis.com definition. If the answer you've chosen is correct, you will see the question text somewhere in the definition.
- After reading the question, write down the letter of your answer choice on scrap paper. Check your answers by using the answer key at the end of the quiz.
1. This is Apple Computer's version of the high-performance serial bus used to connect devices to your personal computer.
b. High-Performance Parallel Interface
c. Parallel Sysplex
d. Apple attachment unit interface
3. On a PC, your printer is usually attached through a parallel interface and cable, but your keyboard and mouse are connected through this kind of interface.
b. single mode fiber
d. Intelligent Peripheral Interface
4. This is an interconnection system between a microprocessor and attached devices in which expansion slots are spaced closely for high speed operation.
a. Peripheral Component Interconnect
b. Input/Output Supervisor
c. jumper block
d. I2C bus
e. High-Speed Serial Interface
5. This is a term for technologies in which human neural activity or states would effectively be an input peripheral for a computer.
a. machine vision
b. wearable computer
c. artificial intelligence
d. brain-machine interface
6. This is a high-bandwidth interface between a computer and a hard disk or a tape device. The latest version of this interface supports RAID.
a. Intelligent Peripheral Interface
b. Small Computer System Interface
d. Centronics parallel interface
e. Open Data-Link Interface
7. This is a plug-and-play interface that allows you to add anew device such as a scanner or printer to your computer without having to add an adapter card or even having to turn the computer off.
a. audio/modem Riser
b. Universal Serial Bus
c. hot fix
d. virtual device driver
e. PCMCIA card
8. This is the microchip with programming that controls a computer's interface to its attached serial devices.
a. virtual device driver
b. flip chip-pin grid array
c. serial presence detect
d. bus master
e. Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter
9. This is a screen, attached externally to a monitor,that plugs into a serial or Universal Serial Bus (USB) port or a bus card installed inside the computer.
b. patch panel
c. source-route transparent bridging
d. touch screen
e. ZV port
10. This is the designation for an electronics standard for connecting devices to your personal computer.
a. Universal Serial Bus
b. VersaModular Eurocard bus
c. IEEE 1394
d. Universal Plug and Play
e. Attachment Unit Interface
Scroll down for answer key
Be sure to take:
Quiz #1: Help Desk Basics
Quiz #2: Security Basics
Quiz #3: Data Storage
Quiz #4: Networking Hardware
Quiz #5: Getting Your Message Across the Network
Quiz #6: Servers
Quiz #7: Protocols
Quiz #8: Database Basics
Quiz #9: Wireless
Quiz #10: TCP/IP
Quiz #11: Ego-Booster
Quiz #12: Database II
Quiz # 13: AS/400
ANSWER KEY: 1a; 2b; 3e; 4a; 5d; 6a; 7b; 8e; 9d; 10;c
Let us know how you did and suggest a topic for a future quiz! Did you score 100%? Send us your name, job title, and company name and we'll put you on the whatis.com Honor Roll! email@example.com