This week's quiz has a slightly different format. Your goal will be to match the correct protocol in the left-hand column with its description in the right-hand column.
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think iscorrect to go to the whatis.com definition. If the answer you ve chosenis correct, you will see the question text somewhere in the defintion.
- After reading the question, write down the letter of your answerchoice on scrap paper. Check your answers by using the answer key at theend of the quiz.
|a) Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol
b) Session Initiation Protocol
c) Voice over Internet Protocol
d) Address Resolution Protocol
e) Internet Protocol
f) Common Management Information Protocol
g) Next Hop Resolution Protocol
h) Hypertext Transfer Protocol
i) Extended Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
j) Transmission Control Protocol
k) Link Control Protocol
l) Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
m) File Transfer Protocol
n) Trivial File Transfer Protocol
o) Serial Line Internet Protocol
p) Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
q) Layer Two Tunneling Protocol
r) Exterior Gateway Protocol
s) Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
t) Simple Network Management Protocol
u) Internet Open Trading Protocol
v) Server Message Block Protocol
w) anti-replay protocol
x) Internet Message Access Protocol
y) Border Gateway Protocol
z) Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol
|1._____ This is a communications protocol that lets networkadministrators centrally manage and automate the assignment of InternetProtocol (IP) addresses in an organization's network.
2. _____This is an Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)standard protocol for initiating an interactive user session that involvesmultimedia elements such as video, voice, chat, gaming, and virtual reality.
3._____ This extension of the Point-to-Point TunnelingProtocol is used by an Internet service provider to enable the operationof a virtual private network over the Internet.
4._____ This is a protocol used to exchange routinginformation between two gateway hosts (each with its own router) in a networkof autonomous systems.
5. _____This is a protocol that allows a computer sendingdata to another computer to learn the most direct route to the receivingcomputer.
6. _____This protocol is one of several standards proposedto ensure that manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and shoppers alluse a common method of exchanging data when doing business online.
7._____This is a standard protocol for accessing e-mailfrom your local server.
8._____ This protocol is used to keep track of the individualunits of data (called packets) that a message is divided into for efficientrouting through the Internet.
9._____This protocol ensures IP packet-level securityby making it impossible for a hacker to intercept message packets and insertchanged packets into the data stream between a source computer and a destinationcomputer.
10.____This is a network management protocol built onthe Open Systems Interconnection communication model.
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER KEY
ANSWER KEY: 1L;2B;3Q;4R;5G;6U;7X;8J;9W;10F
Let us know how you did and suggest a topic for a future quiz! email@example.com