Are you up-to-date on your virtualization news? Take this quiz derived from recent news blasts, and be the IT pro in the know.
Validating your virtualization smarts is rewarding, but we're sweetening the pot with a prize. On September 29th, 2006, we'll draw from all entries received for a new Webcam. All you have to do is drop us a line to tell us your score.
1. Virtualization is very popular for server consolidation. Expert Paul Winkeler recently recommended it for another purpose. What is it?
2. This latecomer to the virtualization arena recently entered into an agreement with XenSource Inc. for virtual machine interoperability between its hypervisor and the Xen open source virtualization platform. Who is it?
3. A recent study by TheInfoPro(TIP) Inc. demonstrated that this type of hardware is gaining respect among IT professionals alongside virtualization in the data center. What is it?
4. This major virtualization player is slated to release a product for Mac users. Who is it?
5. The Computing Technology Industry Association recently polled 1,000 high tech workers. What percentage of survey respondents said they were currently job-hunting?
Answer (Scroll to the 4th paragraph)
6. Don Becker, co-founder of the Beowulf project, recently compared virtualization to an alternative approach to the same problems. What is it?
7. International Truck and Engine Corp. based in Illinois saved several million dollars by virtualizing their servers. How much did they save for each virtual machine running?
8. According to VMWare's Patrick Lin, VM sprawl is a serious threat. True or false?
9. How many steps does it take to install Subversion for VMware ESX, according to expert Andrew Kutz?
Answer (Scroll to the third paragraph)
10. What is the best virtualization program for a heterogeneous environment, according to author Wade Reynolds?
How many could you guess correctly? Let us know -- it could be your name drawn from the virtual hat on the 29th.