Web services are services that are made available from a business's Web server for Web users or other Web-connected programs. Web services are sometimes called application services.
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think is correct to go to the whatis.com definition. If the answer you've chosen is correct, you will see the question text or an approximation of it somewhere in the definition.
- After reading the question, write down the letter of your answer choice on scrap paper. Check your answers by using the answer key at the end of the quiz.
3. This XML-based language is used to describe the services a business offers and to provide a way for individuals and other businesses to access those services electronically.
8. This application program interface (API) from Sun Microsystems supports messaging between computers in a network.
a. write once, read many
b. Short Message Service
c. Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
d. Java Message Service
9. This term encompasses the plans, methods, and tools aimed at modernizing,consolidating, and coordinating the computer applications in an enterprise.
c. grasping plan
d. decision support system
10. This XML extension is a standard way to describe how to transform the structure of an XML document into an XML document with a different structure.
a. extract, transform, load
b. tree structure
d. phase change
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER KEY
See the rest of our quiz topics
ANSWER KEY: 1c;2b;3d;4b;5c;6a;7b;8d;9a;10c
Let us know how you did and suggest a topic for a future quiz! firstname.lastname@example.org