How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think iscorrect to go to the whatis.com definition. If the answer you've chosenis correct, you will see the question text (or a paraphrase of it) somewherein the definition.
- After reading the question, write down the letter of your answerchoice on scrap paper. Check your answers by using the answer key at theend of the quiz, where you'll also find additional resources related to the correct answer.
1. This is a feature included in Microsoft's Windows 2000 serverthat allows network administrators to install the Windows 2000 Professionaloperating system and its upgrades to any number of workstations atone time from a centralized location.
2. This feature is useful for downloading software updates or reconfiguringcomputers during late-night hours when a company's computers are usually turned off.
b. virtual keyboard
c. standby power
d. remote wakeup
e. Power-On Self-Test
4. In the Windows 2000 operating system, this is a collection of settingsthat define what a system will look like and how it will behave for a selectgroup of users.
a. Group Policy Object
5. This is the detailed recording and updating of information that describesan enterprise's computer systems and networks, including all workstationsand their hardware and software components.
a. master boot record
c. configuration management
d. conversational monitor system
e. access log
6. This product from Symantec can clone (copy) the entire contents ofa hard disk to another computer's hard disk, automatically formatting andpartitioning the target workstation.
b. port replicator
c. carbon copy
8. In a Windows NT environment, what the user sees on his or her workstation, as well as what files, applications and directories they have accessto, is determined by how the network administrator has set up this.
a. user profile
b. hardware abstraction layer
c. LANDesk Client Manager
9. This management tool can be used in a classroom system where one PC becomes the "master" of student computers, automatically reconfiguring them or turning them off at night.
a. big-endian and little-endian
b. remote-control software
c. reconfigurable processor
e. distributed file system
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER KEY
See the rest of our quiz topics
Answer Key: 1c; 2d; 3b; 4a; 5c; 6a; 7d; 8a; 9b; 10e