We've gathered a collection of our learning guides and tutorials on database-related topics. You'll find learning guides for database administration, SQL, Oracle and more. Then see, below, our quizzes and our larger collection of learning resources.
- Learn IT: Unleashing the Power of the Database -- Our guide explains the basics, including relational databases, normalization and SQL, and offers advice on database design. Also includes a glossary and a quiz.
- Databases on Linux -- This guide introduces you to databases, explains best practices and pitfalls to avoid and provides troubleshooting help and advice. You'll find database articles, tutorials, tips, tools, white papers, expert advice and more to pump up your database know-how quickly.
- Database Storage Management in Oracle -- This database guide covers everything from the basics of forming a storage management strategy to instructions for using RMAN and other methods for hot and cold backups.
- Oracle PL/SQL -- This guide, for everyone from PL/SQL beginners to veterans, includes links to PL/SQL tips, expert advice and other resources.
- SQL guide for Oracle users -- These seven chapters explore how to find solutions to real-world problems. SQL expert Rudy Limeback offers advice.
- SQL Server Reporting Services -- This collection of learning resources will help you master Reporting Services (SSRS) for SQL Server, with tips on installation, best practices and more.
- SQL Server Consolidation -- This free e-book by Hilary Cotter, provides an introduction to server and storage consolidation, advice to help create an efficient consolidated SQL Server environment.
- Oracle Database Security -- This guide explains database security in general and other topics, such as authentication, encryption and security certificates.
- Oracle Database Performance Tuning -- Performance tuning is a constant for the DBA. This learning guide can help DBAs at all levels enhance their abilities, use and interpret Oracle's tuning utilities and identify difficulties.
- Becoming an Oracle Database Administrator -- This three-part series takes you from writing the perfect resume to climbing the ranks to DBA stardom.
- Oracle 10g: Database upgrade guide -- This guide offers expert advice for upgrading to Oracle 10g.
Want more information about databases? See our dedicated sister sites, SearchOracle.com and SearchSQLServer.com, or browse through our full collection of definitions of database-related terms. Then, if you'd like to test your knowledge, see our database quiz collection.
We've got lots more information for you! Check out the full collection of Learning Guides and Tutorials to learn essential information on a wide range of subjects. You'll find guides and tutorials about data centers, storage and storage management, backup and recovery, and a wide range of other topics, including business intelligence, programming and much more.