We've gathered a collection of our learning guides and tutorials on Linux topics. You'll find learning guides for desktop Linux, Linux and virtualization, Linux distributions and more. Then see, below, our quizzes and our larger collection of learning resources.
- Linux on the Desktop -- On enterprise desktops, many people are shutting their Windows and opening their doors to a penguin -- Tux. Find out how to invite the penguin to your desk in this handy learning guide.
- Linux and Open Source Security -- This guide covers the basics of Linux security administration, offering information on host access files, binding services and specific interfaces, as well as more advanced subject matter, such as creating your own public key infrastructure (PKI) infrastructure and VPN with Layer Two 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) over IPSec.
- Information Kit: Linux, Unix, and All the Little ixes -- Whether you have Unix or Linux and are thinking of switching -- or are coming from another system or to a new product and have the option of one or the other, there is a lot to think about, according to our own experts and some of our readers.
- Linux and Virtualization -- Whether you are interested in running 10 servers on one, conserving physical resources or running several different operating systems on your network, virtual environments can multiply the power of Linux in the enterprise.
- Oracle on Linux -- Oracle is the most popular database on Linux. This guide includes news, tips and resources on Oracle on Linux, including choosing between Linux and other platforms, installing and upgrading on Linux, and performing backup and recovery of an Oracle database on Linux.
- Top Linux Distributions -- Trying to decide what flavor of Linux you want on the desktop or server side? This fast guide provides a whirlwind tour of the top Linux distributions. For each distribution, there are links to related definitions, project sites, articles, how-tos and expert advice.
- 77 Useful Linux Commands and Utilities -- We've compiled the most essential Linux commands into this convenient guide. It's designed specifically for Linux managers and system administrators as a reference library of the most useful utilities. Get the most out of Linux by executing kernel and shell commands.
- Databases on Linux -- This guide introduces you to databases, explains best practices and pitfalls to avoid and provides troubleshooting help and advice. You'll find database articles, tutorials, tips, tools, white papers, expert advice and more to pump up your database know-how quickly.
- How to install Lotus Domino Server on SUSE Linux -- This tutorial explains how to install Domino 7.0.2 on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10.
- Linux Administration Tips -- This collection of tutorials will help you to master security, interoperability with Unix and Windows, networking, Samba, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux and more.
- Linux Clusters: High Performance Computing -- This guide explains the many uses of Linux clusters in the enterprise. Topics include handling storage, applications, high-volume transactions and more.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Administration Guide -- This guide for Unix or Windows administrators provides essential information on Red Hat networking, administration, Red Hat tools and more.
- Unix-to-Linux Migration -- Unix and Linux are similar but they also have some important differences. Whether you're migrating from one to the other, or just trying to get them to play nicely together, you'll find help in our guide.
- VMware on Linux -- This guide will show you how to do everything from preparing Linux for VMware virtualization to installing a guest OS.
- VMware Server on Linux -- This guide explains installation and configuration. The emphasis is on security and maintaining a successful production instance of VMware Server on Linux.
Want more information about Linux? See our dedicated sister site, SearchEnterpriseLinux.com, or browse through our full collection of definitions of Linux terms. Then, if you'd like to test your knowledge, see our Linux quiz collection.
We've got lots more information for you! Check out the full collection of Learning Guides and Tutorials to learn essential information on a wide range of subjects. You'll find guides and tutorials about data centers, storage and storage management, backup and recovery, and a wide range of other topics, including databases, business intelligence, programming and much more.