- Latency means delay. In networking, it's an expression of how long it takes for a packet to get from one designated point to another. In a computer system, latency usually refers to any delay or wa... (WhatIs.com)
- Iometer allows users to set custom input/output profiles to simulate different application workloads for testing. Iometer is also a useful benchmarking tool for storage and is often used for storag... (WhatIs.com)
- Network functions virtualization (NFV) is an initiative to virtualize network functions previously carried out by dedicated hardware. (searchSDN.com)
- Terms related to managing computer networks, including definitions about LANS or WANS and words and phrases about network design, troubleshooting, security and backups.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...
Get answers from your peers on your most technical challenges
Hi CarlosDL, Just to say thanks for sharing. As you say, this is for a specific task but the concepts can be used in a wide variety of scenarios. I'll keep this handy ;-)
Workflow is the series of activities that are necessary to complete a task.
Field-level encryption is the ability to encrypt data based on entire fields.
Forklift upgrade is an idiom used when a major overhaul is required to upgrade IT infrastructure.