- Content-addressable memory (CAM) is computer memory that operates like a hardware search engine for search-intensive applications. CAM is capable of searching its entire contents in a single clock ... (WhatIs.com)
- In a network, latency, a synonym for delay, is an expression of how much time it takes for a packet of data to get from one designated point to another. In some usages (for example, AT&T), latency ... (WhatIs.com)
- Definition: Learn what a variable-length subnet mask (VLSM) is and how it allows network engineers to reduce the number of wasted IP addresses in each subnet. (SearchNetworking.com)
- Terms related to managing computer networks, including definitions about LANS or WANS and words and phrases about network design, troubleshooting, security and backups.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...
Get answers from your peers on your most technical challenges
Hi CarlosDL, Just to say thanks for sharing. As you say, this is for a specific task but the concepts can be used in a wide variety of scenarios. I'll keep this handy ;-)