We've gathered our cheat sheets for fast reference to networking technology information. You'll find cheat sheets listing specifications, cabling information and more. Do you have a favorite networking cheat sheet? Let us know!
- IEEE 802 Wireless Standards: Fast Reference -- See the standards at a glance, along with an overview and a quick description, with links to more detailed information.
- Categories of Twisted Pair Cabling Systems -- Our fast reference table lists categories, their maximum data speeds and usual applications.
- The Speed of... -- This table shows the stated data rates for the most important end-user and backbone transmission technologies.
- Digital Signal X -- Digital signal X is based on the ANSI T1.107 guidelines. (The ITU-TS guidelines differ somewhat.) Our table summarizes the set of signals and relates them to the T-carrier and E-carrier systems.
- OSI Reference Model -- Open Systems Interconnection ( OSI ) is a standard reference model for communication between two end users in a network. The model is used in developing products and understanding networks. Also see the notes below the figure explaining communications at each layer.
- Subnet Mask Cheat Sheet -- A subnet mask is a screen of numbers used for routing traffic within a subnet. See this subnet mask cheat sheet with a guide to sub-class C blocks.
- Internet Protocol Network Mask Cheat Sheet -- This fast reference guide lists number of bits, number of addresses available to nodes, masks, dotted quad binary and comments.
- IPv6 -- See lists and explanations of IPv6 details.
- Optical Carrier Levels (OCx) -- The Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) includes a set of signal rate multiples for transmitting digital signals on optical fiber. The base rate (OC-1) is 51.84 Mbps. Certain multiples of the base rate are provided as shown in the table. Asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) makes use of some of the Optical Carrier levels.
- TCP/IP -- SANS.org provides this TCP/IP and tcpdump fast reference.
We've got lots more!
Check out the full collection of Our Favorite Cheat Sheets for fast help on a wide range of subjects. You'll find information about e-mail and messaging, texting and Twitter abbreviations and a wide range of technical content, including subjects like programming, blogging, browser shortcuts, and search engine optimization.