EMC is a multinational provider of products and services related to cloud computing, storage, big data, data analytics, information security, content management and converged infrastructure. EMC was acquired by Dell in September 2016 and the company was renamed to Dell EMC.
EMC products and services include:
- VSPEX™ BLUE, a hyper-converged appliance from EMC Corporation that includes compute, memory and storage resources in a single device.
- EMC NetWorker, a backup software platform for the enterprise.
- EMC Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud, a reference architecture for a storage platform designed to integrate public and private cloud storage.
- MozyEnterprise, a subscription-based online data backup service for business.
- Atmos, an object-based cloud storage platform targeting service providers and large enterprises that want to build private clouds.
- EMC Cloud Architect (EMCCA), a certification and training offering that covers high-level cloud architecture and design concepts.
Richard Egan and Roger Marino (the E and M in EMC) founded EMC in 1979 in Newton, Massachusetts. Dell EMC headquarters are in Hopkinton, Massachusetts.