Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (also known as HP Enterprise and HPE) is an American multinational company that specializes in business IT (information technology).
HPE supports five business divisions:
- Enterprise Group provides infrastructure products to support the IT systems of customers.
- Enterprise Services offers consultation and support services for all the company's offerings.
- Software includes products to automate and simplify IT operations for business processes; also includes business analytics (BA) products.
- Financial Services provides investment solutions, IT consumption models and financial architectures.
- Corporate Investments includes forward-looking ventures such as HP Labs and various business incubators.
HPE was created in October 2014 when Hewlett Packard (HP) announced that it would split its traditional PC and printers business from its enterprise products and services, as HP Inc. and Hewlett Packard Enterprise, respectively. The company was incorporated as Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company on February 15, 2015.
One of the oldest IT companies in the world, Hewlett-Packard (HP) was founded in 1939 by Stanford University Engineering graduates William R. Hewlett and David Packard. Corporate headquarters are in Palo Alto, California.