IT as a Service (ITaaS) is a technology-delivery method that treats IT (information technology) as a commodity, providing an enterprise with exactly the amount of hardware, software, and support that it needs for an agreed-on monthly fee. In this context, IT encompasses all of the technologies for creating, storing, exchanging, and using business data.
According to its proponents, ITaaS has numerous and diverse benefits including:
- Minimal upfront IT investment
- Regular, predictable expenses
- Financial transparency
- Tax advantages
- Continuous monitoring of services
- Expert technical support
- Regular software upgrades and patches
- Guarantee of up-to-date hardware
Continue Reading About IT as a Service (ITaaS)
- Lori MacVittie suggests that ITaaS cannot exist without an end-to-end set of services for deploying, managing, and migrating applications.