Pardot automates common marketing tasks, including:
- Tracking customer behaviors
- Creating digital marketing campaigns
- Web form management
- Website tracking
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Social marketing
- Landing page marketing
- Creating reports to track performance
- Lead generation
- Personalization of landing page content for the current viewer
Pardot syncs well with Salesforce's own customer relationship management (CRM) solution, which offers a performance edge incentive for those that already use SalesForce CRM. Syncing with Salesforce CRM can take half the time or less compared to that required for competing products. Pardot touts a modern user interface, which can be more intuitive subjectively than the UIs of competitors. Critics of Pardot say its analytics are shallow compared to some competing products.
Competition for Pardot includes Eloqua, Marketo, HubSpot, ActON, SharpSpring, Expiriture, Marketing Optimizer and Sales Fusion.