Playstation is a video game console developed by Sony. The first Playstation was released in 1994, followed by Playstation 2 (PS2) in 2000 and Playstation 3 (PS3) in 2006.
The initial version of the console represented a significant improvement in terms of graphic quality over the existing cartridge players of the early 1990s. Games encoded on CD-ROM s allowed faster loading times, improved graphical user interfaces ( GUI s) and richer visual environments.
PS2 represented another leap in processing power and game play at its introduction with a CPU capable of 66 million polygons per second. PS2 also included USB ports and a modem , allowing players to play online ..
- a 3.2 Ghz Cell processor
- a Gigabit Ethernet port, 4 USB 2.0 ports and Bluetooth 2.0
- WiFi (premium version only)
- a 20 GB or 60 GB hard disk
- a fully functional Web browser and support for online gaming
- multiple user-profiles
- media file storage, display and playback, along with access to an online marketplace for music
- a Blueray DVD drive that also supports standard DVD and CD formats
- 256 MB of XDR DRAM and HDMI support