A mobile security certification is a formalized program that verifies the participant’s competency in tasks related to mobile security and administration.
mobile security helps ensure that mobile devices, their applications and their connections do not compromise network security. Depending on the specific provider, certification programs typically offer some combination of training courses and free educational materials as well as testing and certification.
Mobile security certifications include:
- The SANS Institute’s GMOB (GIAC Mobile Device Security Analyst) focuses on the assessment of mobile devices and mobile apps for vulnerabilities and mobile penetration testing.
- Citrix’s Certified Professional - Mobility (CCP-M) focuses on the design, installation, configuration and management of a Citrix XenMobile.
- CompTIA (Computing Technology Industry Association) Mobility+ certification provides basic vendor-neutral training.
- FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) 140-2 is a federal mobile security certification for devices offering a ranking of 1-4 for the device’s security.
- CMDSP (Certified Mobile Device Security Professional) is a certification program from the Mobile Resources Group with a focus on iOS and Android devices.