Write for us!
Have knowledge to share? Want to advance your career? Write for us!
TechTarget websites provide our visitors with in-depth, problem-solving technical content. The majority of our content is written by staff and industry thought leaders, but we always have room for contributions from within the enterprise IT community. Become a contributor, promote your personal brand and join our legion of influencers in every major enterprise technology segment.
TechTarget offers six opportunities for you to leverage the power of our technology-specific sites and promote your expertise:
- Blog/Opinion - analyze or interpret a subject that is important to our readers.
- Tips – provide advice about how to make an IT or business task or process easier.
- Technical Article - explain how a technology or process works and what its advantages or disadvantages are when compared to alternatives.
- Q&A - interview an IT pro and provide a glimpse into someone else’s job or area of expertise.
- Feature Article – dive deep into a topic you know well. Investigate the subject from multiple aspects to provide readers with an in-depth look at a single subject.
- How-To Article - provide practical, step-by-step advice for how to carry out a technical or business process.
- Definition - explain what something is, what it does, how it works, who uses it and why it's important.
To discuss your ideas for contributing content, please send an email to contributor@TechTarget.com.
General Submission Guidelines
What topics can I write about?
When brainstorming topics, ask yourself: What problem keeps me up at night? What problem have I solved lately? What would I want to read? If you find it interesting and important, chances are others will too. Your contribution must be original. Please refrain from publishing press releases -- either in full or regurgitated form.
Can I reuse the articles I write for TechTarget ?
Content must be previously unpublished and contributors must agree not to republish the content, except as part of a longer book written primarily by the contributor.
How long should my content be?
While there is no limit to the length of content, we encourage a minimum of 500 words. We have found 500 - 1000 words to be the sweet spot for both readability and searchability. If we agree to publish your article, we will send you a writer's agreement that defines our required criteria in more detail.
What do I get when I write for TechTarget?
If your content is accepted for publication, you will be given a dedicated contributor page. This page aggregates all of your articles in one central location. It's also the place for you to showcase your name, company and bio, as well as social media links.
Can I link to my company or organization's website in the content I write?
Links to company-related information and products can be added to your contributor profile.
Can I include links in my article?
As a contributor, you can suggest links but TechTarget editors will have the last call.
What visibility will I receive?
Your work will be eligible to be featured in a newsletter and promoted across social media.
Can I link to my TechTarget article from other websites?
Links on social media and blogs are a great way to stir up readership and increase visibility.
Can I respond to comments?
You bet, interaction is always welcome; comments and discussion are indications of great content.
Can I include photos or videos?
Photos and videos are welcome, but please be sure you have the right to use the material and that you credit your sources.