Some of you may have found our "Quiz: Database Basics" not quite challenging enough, so here's a tougher one. Good luck!
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think is correct to go to the whatis.com definition. If the answer you've chosen is correct, you will see the question text somewhere in the definition.
- Check your answers by using the answer key at the end of the quiz.
1) At this level of normalization, each column in a table that is not a determiner of the contents of another column, must itself be a function of the other columns in the table.
2) This method of online analytical processing stores data in both a relational and a multimdimensional database.
3) Which technology was Microsoft's first attempt at an object-oriented database interface?
4) What concept would a data modeler NOT be expected to know?
5) Which of the following tree structures is unique in that the tree organization varies depending on which nodes are most frequently accessed?
b) binary tree
c) quad tree
d) splay tree
6) The basic unit of this SQL variant is called a block.
7) The acronym ACID is typically used in reference to:
b) CRM analytics
c) data integrity
8) A Database Management System (DBMS) may be used by, or combined with, this type of transaction manager.
9) Encapsulation, types, classes, inheritance, overriding combined with late binding, and extensibility are all features of this type of database.
a) multidimensional database
b) relational database
d) open source
10) A programmer using this type of middleware might need the Interface Definition Language (IDL).
Scroll down for answer key:
Let us know how you did! [email protected]
This was last updated in August 2008