How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think is correct to go to the whatis.com definition. If the answer you've chosen is correct, you will see the question text somewhere in the definition.
- After reading the question, write down the letter of your answer choice on scrap paper. Check your answers by using the answer key at the end of the quiz.
1. This is a software suite from HP for managing applications, device availability, network conditions and status, system performance, service and program maintenance, and storage resources.
3. This is a high-end 64-bit PA-8600 processor-based UNIX HP server designed for e-commerce customers using very large databases. It can be split into several partitions, each with its own operating system.
a. blade server
7. This is a 64-bit microprocessor instruction set, defined and designed by HP and Intel. It provides up to 128 general and floating point unit registers and uses speculative loading, predication, and explicit parallelism to accomplish computing tasks.
8. This is a process implemented in Explicitly Parallel Instruction Computing (EPIC)-based processors and their compilers. It increases performance by eschewing branch prediction, where a wrong guess by the processor brings a performance penalty.
b. Massively Parallel Processing
10. This is a program that helps a network administrator view and manage the conditions in a computer network. It is part of the OpenView suite of enterprise system management applications. It "discovers" the devices that are in the network and shows their relative location and their status.
Scroll down for answer key
Be sure to take:
Quiz #1: Help Desk Basics
Quiz #2: Security Basics
Quiz #3: Data Storage
Quiz #4: Networking Hardware
Quiz #5: Getting Your Message Across the Network
Quiz #6: Servers
Quiz #7: Protocols
Quiz #8: Database Basics
Quiz #9: Wireless
Quiz #10: TCP/IP
Quiz #11: Ego-Booster
Quiz #12: Database II
Quiz # 13: AS/400
Quiz #14: Peripherals
ANSWER KEY: 1c; 2a; 3c; 4b; 5b; 6a; 7b; 8d; 9c; 10a
Let us know how you did and suggest a topic for a future quiz! Did you score 100%? Send us your name, job title, and company name and we'll put you on the whatis.com Honor Roll! [email protected]