How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think is correct to go to the WhatIs.com definition. If the answer you've chosen is correct, you will see the question text (or a paraphrase of it) somewhere in the definition.
- After reading the question, write down the letter of your answer choice on scrap paper. Check your answers by using the answer key at the end of the quiz, where you'll also find additional resources related to the correct answer.
1. This technology is used in the liquid crystal displays of notebook and laptop computers to provide a more responsive image at a wider range of viewing angle.
a. graphics accelerator
c. photonic switching
d. active matrix display
e. bi-level image s
2. This is a hardware frame and set of electrical connection interfaces that enables a notebook computer to effectively serve as a desktop computer.
a. virtual PC
b. intermediate distribution frame
c. docking station
d. brain-machine interface
5. This is an attachment for a notebook computer that allows a number of devices such as a printer, large monitor, and keyboard to be simultaneously connected.
b. port replicator
c. exponential assembly
d. Centronics parallel interface
e. ZIF socket
7. This is electrical power that a laptop consumes when it is connected to a power source and is ready to be used -- but is not actually being used.
b. apparent power
c. wait state
e. capacity on demand
10. This light-weight power source for laptops consists of an anode, a cathode, and an electrolyte.
b. Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
d. Universal Plug and Play
e. Lithium Ion battery
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER KEY
See the rest of our quiz topics
ANSWER KEY: 1d; 2c; 3a; 4e; 5b; 6e; 7a; 8d; 9b; 10e