This week's quiz has a slightly different format. Your goal will beto match the correct term in the left-hand column with its descriptionin the right-hand column.
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think is correct to go to the whatis.com definition. If the answer you ve chosenis correct, you will see the question text somewhere in the defintion.
- After reading the question, write down the letter of your answer choice on scrap paper. Check your answers by using the answer key at the end of the quiz.
|a) session initiation protocol
n) IM worm
p) group chat
w) mobile IP
|1._____ This is an initiative toproduce an open source, XML-based instant messaging platform.
2. _____ This describes any kind of application that makes it possible to locate and identify acomputing device wherever it might be, as soon as the user connects to thenetwork.
3._____ This legislation that impacts instant messaging in the enterprise was enacted in response to the high-profile Enron and WorldCom financial scandals.
4._____ This is a service for sending text messages to mobile phones that use Global System for Mobile (GSM) communication.
5. _____ This is an adjective describing objects or events that are not coordinated in time and do not occur simultaneously.
6. _____ This is the ability of a system or a product to work with other systems or products without special effort on the part of the customer.
7._____ This is self-replicating malicious code that spreads in instant messaging networks.
8._____ This is a cost-effective way for several users to conduct a virtual meeting in real time by using instant messaging.
9._____ This synonym for "real time" is used to describe an application that updates information at the same rate it receives data.
10._____ This is a software protocol for enabling anyone to locate individuals and other resources, such as files and devices in a network, whether on the public Internet or on a corporate intranet.
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER KEY
ANSWER KEY: 1i; 2g; 3h; 4o; 5r; 6t; 7n; 8p; 9e; 10d