How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think iscorrect. If the answer you've chosenis correct, you will see the question text (or a paraphrase of it) somewherein the definition.
- Check your answers by using the answer key at theend of the quiz.
1. This is resetting your computer so that the microprocessorruns faster than the manufacturer-specified speed.
e. load balancing
2. This was the first processor to be shipped with a 1 gigahertz (onebillion hertz) clock speed.
3. This is the continuous and somewhat overlapped movement of instructionsto the processor.
a. flow control
b. cyclic redundancy checking
c. inverse multiplexing
4. This is the data path and physical interface between the processorand the L1 and L2 memory.
b. backside bus
e. virtual memory
5. This is a group of microchips designed to work as a unitto perform one or more related functions.
b. networking chip
6. This is computer object code that is processed by a program rather than bythe hardware processor.
a. critical section routine
b. virtual memory
e. initial program load
7. This is a special program that processes statements written in aparticular programming language and turns them into machine language or"code" that a computer's processor uses.
d. problem program
e. logic gate
8. This is the logic circuitry that responds to and processesthe basic instructions that drive a computer.
9. This is one of a small set of data holding places that is part ofa computer's microprocessor.
10. This is random access memory (RAM) that a computer microprocessorcan access more quickly than it can access regular RAM.
a. shared memory
b. cache memory
c. stale data
d. burst SRAM
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER KEY
See the rest of our quiz topics
Answer key: 1d; 2a; 3e; 4b; 5c; 6d; 7a; 8e; 9a; 10b