Studies show that a company's biggest security threat is its own employees. The SANS Institute recommends that organizations take time to educate their employees about computer security and periodically test employees to make sure they understand the basics. To help you in your efforts to raise security awareness in your organization, we've created the following quiz.
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think iscorrect to go to the whatis.com definition. If the answer you've chosenis correct, you will see the question text or an approximation of it somewhere in the definition.
- After reading the question, write down the letter of your answerchoice on scrap paper. Check your answers by using the answer key at theend of the quiz.
Are you the weakest link?
1. This is a document that states in writing how a company plans to protect the company's physical and IT assets.
a. Data Encryption Standard
b. security policy
c. public key certificate
d. access control list
3. This is a set of related programs, usually located at a network gateway server, that protects the resources of a private network from other networks.
d. password cracker
e. general protection fault
5. In computer security, this describes a non-technical kind of intrusion that relies heavily on human interaction. It often involves tricking people into breaking their own security procedures.
e. social engineering
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER KEY
See the rest of our quiz topics
ANSWER KEY: 1b;2c;3a;4e;5e;6d;7e;8c;9d;10b
Let us know how you did! [email protected]