How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think iscorrect to go to the whatis.com definition. If the answer you've chosenis correct, you will see the question text (or a paraphrase of it) somewhere in the definition.
- After reading the question, write down the letter of your answerchoice on scrap paper. Check your answers by using the answer key at the end of the quiz, where you'll also find additional resources related to the correct answer.
1. This is a type of program that lets one or more computer users create, manage, and access data in a database.
c. multidimensional database
d. Electronic Data Interchange
e. high performance storage system
4. This is a central repository for all or significant parts of the data that an enterprise's various business systems collect.
a. data repository
b. business information warehouse
c. knowledge warehouse
d. data mart
e. data warehouse
7. This is a file format that contains the values in a table in which column values are separated by a comma and each row starts a new line.
b. data dictionary
c. CSV file
d. virtual organization
e. functional specification
10. This a program tool allows you to reorganize and summarize selected columns and rows of data in a spreadsheet or database table to obtain a desired report.
a. pivot table
b. PERT chart
c. quad tree
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER KEY
See the rest of our quiz topics
1.) b. DBMS
SearchDatabase has assembled a handy compendium of DBMS tips and scripts.
2.) d. table
There's more information about tables in this SearchDatabase tip on Optimizing database performance.
3.) b. DB2
Search390 provides a collection of resources about DB2 .
4.) e. data warehouse
SearchCRM maintains a page of Best Web Links for data warehousing .
5.) a. DBA
Sara Cushman's SearchDatabase article is called "Starting over as a DBA."
6.) d. SQL
SearchVB provides a selection of Best Web Links for SQL .
7.) c. CSV file
SearchDatabase SQL Server Expert Tony Bain offers advice about exporting data to a CSV file .
8.) b. field
Barrie Sosinsky's SearchDatabase tip explains how to create Serial ID fields .
9.) e. view
Michael V. Mannino's SearchDatabase tip offers advice on creating Multi-table updateable views .
10.) a. pivot table
SearchDatabase offers more information in its Best Links for Microsoft Access .
To learn more, see our guide, Learn IT: Unleashing the Power of the Database .