How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think iscorrect to go to the whatis.com definition. If the answer you've chosenis correct, you will see the question text or an approximation of it somewhere in the definition.
- After reading the question, write down the letter of your answerchoice on scrap paper. Check your answers by using the answer key at theend of the quiz.
1. This is a mobile positioning technique used by emergency servicesto find a caller's location.
a. X and Y coordinates
b. Cell of Origin
c. location-based services
d. automatic vehicle locator
e. Interactive Voice Response
2.This takes the entire allocated frequency range for a given service and multiplexes information for all users across the spectrum range at the same time in order to optimize bandwidth.
a. dynamic multi-pathing
b. time division multiple access
c. single mode fiber
d. code-division multiple access
e. channel extender
3. If a transmission is good, this is what happens when a mobile orportable cellular subscriber passes from one cell into another and thenetwork has to switch coverage responsibility from one base station toanother.
b. seamless interface
c. cross-bar switch
d. analog-to-digital conversion
4.This technology allows programmers to use Java programminglanguage and related tools to develop programs for mobile wireless informationdevices such as cellular phones and personal digital assistants (PDAs).
a. Enterprise JavaBeans
b. Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition
d. Specialized Mobile Radio
e. Windows CE
5. This is a computing and telecommunications industry specificationthat describes how mobile phones, computers, and personal digital assistantscan connect with phones and computers by using a short-range wireless connection.
6. This term was invented by networking expert John Sidgmore to describethe tiny portable electronic devices that experts predict will become wildlypopular with young people and put new demands on network bandwidth capacity.
a. script kiddy
b. eye candy
c. silicon cockroach
d. pulsing zombie
e. honey pot
7. This third-generation, broadband, packet-based transmission of text,digitized voice, and video offers a consistent set of services to mobilecomputer and phone users no matter where they are located in the world.
a. Universal Mobile Telecommunications System
b. Global Positioning System
d. Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language
e. Broadband Integrated Services Digital Network
8. This family of "smart" microprocessors from Transmeta is expectedto introduce a new era of low-powered mobile devices that can run all daywithout requiring a battery recharge.
10. This wireless transmission refers to energy whose wavelengths arelonger than those of visible light, but shorter than those of radio waves.
a. infrared transmission
c. wavelength-division multiplexing
d. terrestrial trunked radio
e. CD-Magneto Optical
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER KEY
See the rest of our quiz topics
ANSWER KEY: 1b;2d;3e;4b;5a;6c;7a;8b;9e;10a