We've gathered cheat sheets for fast reference to Active Server Page (ASP)-related information. You'll find information about functions, syntax, expressions, collections and more. Do you have a favorite ASP cheat sheet? Let us know!
ASP Cheat Sheets
- ASP 101 -- This beginner resource explains ASP from the ground up.
- General Syntax -- This beginner section lists general syntax for common tasks in ASP.
- Built-in Methods -- This section covers requests, responses, sessions, etc.
- Text Manipulation -- This section covers built-in functions and server methods.
- Math -- This section covers math and other built-in functions.
- Flow of Control -- This section covers ifs, loops, functions and more.
- Sending Email -- This section uses a couple of examples to illustrate sending email from an ASP script.
- ASP / VBScript -- Dave Childs offers this terrific collection of cheat sheets, which covers regular expressions, date function arguments, redirect with 301 header, file inclusion, function argument orders, file modes, common LCID codes, constants and methods and properties.
- ASPLogin -- This cheat sheet walks you through the process through downloading ASPLogin, uploading to your host, setting up access and testing.
- ASP Life Cycles/Events (PDF) -- This fast reference card explains all major events for initialization, data binding, loading, validation and more.
- Core ASP.NET -- In this guide, .NET expert Holger Schwichtenberg walks you through setting up an ASP.NET development environment, discusses the Webform model and explains common WebControls for Lists and Validation. Also covered: ASP.NET state management features, configuration file management and the .aspx page.
- Getting Started with ASP.NET MVC 1.0 -- Simone Chiaretta and Keyvan Nayyeri explain how to set up your environment and create a web application. You'll also learn about framework components and the structure of the main API.
- Connecting to a Database using a Connection String -- This page shows how to tie a database to a web sites. ASP uses ActiveX Data Objects (ADO). ADO can be used easily from your ASP pages.
We've got lots more!
Check out the full collection of Our Favorite Cheat Sheets for fast help on a wide range of subjects. You'll find cheat sheets for programming, blogging, browser shortcuts, and search engine optimization as well as a wide variety of other subjects.